Commercial Pilot Training: What is required to get paid?
- Private Pilot
- Pass Commercial Airplane Knowledge Test
- 250hr Total Time (you fly 20hrs with us)
- 10hrs of Instrument Flight Training or Instrument Rated
- 10hrs Complex Airplane (First 15hrs Arrow at $140/hr)
- 2hr Day and Night X-Country (>100NM Straight Line)
- 300NM X-Country, One Leg at least 250NM with Landing at 3 Different Airports
Typical training cost in our Arrow: $2500 assuming cross country flights completed already.
(First 15hrs commercial or CFI training in Arrow at $140/hr wet hobbs)
We also offer commercial training in Multi-Engine Baron. However, it is almost always less money to get your commercial in a single engine, followed by an Add-On Commercial in a multi-engine. Some schools don't have a single engine retractable gear airplane and they try to show it's less expensive to do the multi-engine first, followed by the single engine. That is very seldom true. We can do the single engine or the multi-engine first at Air Trek North. Most schools cannot offer this route to your commercial pilot plan.
Commercial Pilot Syllabus